Album is a tool to create HTML based photo albums. It allows
you to manage your digital pictures on your computer.
A photo album consists of a series of (large) originals,
thumbnails, and index pages. The large originals are the real originals that came
from the camera. They will never be touched or modified.
Note that a photo album is not a Web gallery. There are other tools
that are much more suited for that purpose.
Watch a presentation (HTML) I made on Album.
- Provide index pages with usable thumbnails.
Many tools have thumbnails that are just too small to be
- Provide 'medium' pages, with images of a convenient and
Using a 1024x728 screen and the browser's full
screen mode, each image can be viewed completely.
- Provide 'large' pages, with the original (large) images.
- Navigation buttons at fixed locations.
No more looking around to see where the "next" button
- Navigation with keystrokes as well. No more looking for
buttons at all.
- Allow updating and reordering of images.
- Provide titles and descriptions.
- Handle EXIF information, movies, pictures with sound.
- Albums can be nested.
- Albums can be burned on a CD or DVD for offline viewing.
- Current version
- CPAN sites.
The MetaCPAN search
engine will find it for you.